My Blog List

Tuesday 3 May 2016

CARD-STOCK CRAFT

Hello there everyone I am back with my Craft blog, Summer breaks are around the corner and I am sure all the moms out there have started looking up for craft activities for their kids. Today in this blog I am going to make a card-stock Teddy-bear. In this activity both mom and the kid can indulge together. So let's start with the material list.

MATERIALS REQUIRED:
A4 size White card-stock
Pencil
Sharpener
Eraser
Scissor ( to be used under mom's supervision )
Poster Paints ( Primary colours )
Paint brush 

STEPS OF CONSTRUCTION:
STEP-1: Line draw a teddy bear on the white stock using Deer Super sonic pencil and keep a handy eraser with you in-case you need one, I am using super soft eraser by Deer stationary for this project
*For those kids who think they need some help they can always take their mother's help for the project,
STEP-2: Cut-out the outline of the bear with safety scissors, always attempt cutting procedure under an adult supervision,

STEP-3: This part of the project is the most interesting as I am going to teach you guys how to make a perfect brown colour mixing primary colours. For the bear we require a specific brown shade. And for painting I have selected Deer's Poster paint collection. 
As you guys can see in the picture I have a red and yellow poster paints, and I have mixed equal portions of both to achieve orange, Now that's not it, to achieve the brown colour I mixed a bit of Deer's Blue poster colour and the orange colour and see what I got.
A perfect brown, I hope now you kids know how to make your own brown paint by using primary colours.
STEP-4: Start painting cut-out with this brown paint and let it dry. For painting and mixing I have used Deer's paint brush, which comes with the 6+1 poster colour box.

STEP-5: This part of the project is to accessorize the teddy bear to give it a real look, Make a bow on the left over card-stock and cut it out, now use Deer's round-tip black marker to embellish the bow.
Now with the same marker, draw the eye, nose and ears of the teddy-bear to give it a real look.
 Now stick the cut-out of the bow over the face of the teddy-bear, for sticking process you can use any adhesive available. Let's see how my teddy bear looks like.
Complete your teddy-bear by marking it's hand and feet with Deer's round tip marker.
 When the teddy-bear is all set to stand take out two strips out from a brown card-stock of approx 1 inch thickness.
Now cut those into three part, one should be the exact height of teddy-bear and rest two smaller than that, I used an adhesive to stick them at the back of the teddy-bear.
After this process, the teddy bear is all set to make it stand, I have made another as a pair for the teddy-bear, similarly you can make as many as you want.
So, I kept these with my teddy-bear and that reminded me the story of  "Goldilocks and the Three Bears".
 
I hope all the steps and the pictures are easy to understand the project, always ask your mom to help you around, which can make this project easy to do.
For the supplies, please follow the link of Deer Stationary, you can order them and get them at your nearest stationary shops, these are super easy to use and easily available in all cities of Pakistan.

So this is it from my Craft blog. Don't forget to post up your outcomes in the comment box, feel free to ask me questions, would love to give you guys response. Keep Crafting.

Also Follow me on:
Snapchat: Rimmysworld




No comments:

Post a Comment