My Blog List

Thursday 10 March 2016

Life of a FTM "FIRST TIME MOM"




Hello their everyone! I hope your Thursday is going great so far. As the title says, this blog is for First time moms and Moms to be! I am a FTM and I can directly relate to the joys and problems FTM faces. MashAllah my baby is 8 months old now and all settled in the world, But I cant forget what I have been through at least till six months of his birth. All these memories made me write this blog, so that I can help Mom to be's in some way!

I am dividing this blog into three parts, as it becomes easy to know step by step What's coming in your New life

*Soon after the birth
*Half way through 
*From weaning to walking

Starting from What will you feel and what will you experience soon after the little bub arrives.

SOON AFTER BIRTH:

Hang in there the roller coaster has just begun, with the exquisite sound of His/Her cry, The moment you look at the little angel you will fall in love, no matter how long and tiring labour you had, the glance will make you go "Gaga" From his/her first touch to first feed you will never be able to forget any of those. I recommend you to ask someone to capture those moments for you, as these will help the little one to witness the moment of love when he/she will grow up and ask you Mama how much you love me? I my case Epidural did wonder! Yes wonder, don't let those Aunties burst your bubble with all those myths they know! All are Myths trust me. Now after the first joy, let's talk about the immediate problems you will face.

1. The aunty comes in and says " OMG He/She looks so small... What's the weight? 
2. The Divine process of feeding. Shall I bottle Feed?
3.When will I sleep?
4. No poop day! or so many poops a day!

So here's what I want you to First Relax and read my advice:

1. Let the aunty come in and say what she wants to say, It's your baby, Your OWN baby, Don't worry almost 80 percent of babies in the world are Under weight! Remember: Under Taker was not born a Wrestler! Let your hands do some magic for him/her. My baby was the Skinniest and my Firm behaviour to those comments were the only reason of my Survival!

2. I hope he/she is not hungry! the most common query we all FTM has, see their tummys are so small and they are only able to digest few sips till they are a week or two week old. Don't let the fear of Am I able to Feed him/her get a HOLD on your mind! There is always another way you cant breastfeed means you cant! nobody cant deny What the GOD has planned for Us! Let the science do some magic. Formula feed these days are as equal as your own feed, at least research shows that! Talk to your baby's paediatrician and take a way out! but Don't Freak OUT!

3. Ahh! When will I sleep, The answer is No way till you look like a zoombie! take it as a joke! babies do take time to settle,figure out,take help of your moms/mom in law's/ Husband or anyone close by so that you can take power sleep! Power Sleep is the only way you can survive.

4. You cant have a control on the poops they do! they are free birds with no timings, dont freak out if they dont poop a day or two, in serious cases do visit the PEAD* Same in the case of Some many poops a day! 5 to 8 poops according to my baby's PEAD are okay, as the tummy needs time to settle in. For all severe cases Please try and Hit Emergency Room as soon as you can! Let the Doctor do the job! Don't take everything in your hands.

Fact: Aunties will say What they want to say! let them, Dont loose patience! You are the one who has the control, Don't let anything come in your way! Stay positive!

*PEAD: Paediatrician 

HALF WAY THROUGH:

By the time you learn how to ignore unwanted advices, learning how to power nap and the Feeling " I am about to loose my Patience" You will be half way through! Holla you have reached somewhere! Yes!somewhere of mommy hood, by this time your baby will be somewhere 4 to 5 Months old! Joy will be the milestones those tiny feet will be achieving, they can get hold on the neck, they know when you or their dad is around, some babies starts making noises! At least mine did.
 Now coming to the problems of this phase:

1. I still cant sleep? Help me
2. He/she sleeps restless or He/she sleeps for so long. Is everything okay!
3. I am so excited to start Solids? Should I

For the problem No.1 I would suggest this phase is the best time to set the routine, As I wanted my bub to sleep around Nine at night! I started making his Day time routine first, That automatically made his night time routine, My baby use to take a long nap at after noon and use to sleep after the bath only, what I did, just adjust his bath timings and let him sleep in the afternoon, after that long Happy sleep! I didn't let him sleep at odd hours in evening No! I am not an Evil mom! I knew after a long nap of hours, He was all ready to play in evening and if he wanted to Cat Nap, All use to do his open up his diaper, made him change night suit along with a lotion massage to his body, after a good playing session, he was all ready to sleep around nine! They key is to lookup the clues they give you! Try and do a good massage before an afternoon Bath which will definitely make them sleep for long in afternoon!

2. Sleeping hours depends on the nature of the kid, hyper kids always take cat naps, let them do it, but not on odd timings, dont worry if they sleep for long at afternoon! take it as positive attitude and enjoy the time!

3. Solids at 4 months !It's  generally a No! as the tummy is still in process to grow, some kids reach milestone real quick for those exceptional cases talk to your pead! Rice cereal is the best option for first spoon full.

FROM WEANING TO WALKING:

By the time most of us start weaning babies hit 6 months, this phase is where they are settled, some babies grow teeth by this time, mine is 8 months with no teeth, Dont worry if your's still not teething! Not every baby is the same! 

Weaning is kinda difficult at the start, as the transition from milk to a proper meal, is difficult for mom's to grasp if I am doing okay! Milk in take will get low, by this time, not super low. You can always start from Rice cereals spoon full, then to Farley Rusks, dipped in formula or pumped Breastmilk,

As the baby hit 7 months we can start giving them, puree such as banana puree, carrot puree, sooji (at least I gave mine sooji by this tim) Ask pead before starting Sooji or oatmeal. By this time your baby will have a routine of 3 meals a day and this will go on till 9 months.

 CEREALS ACCORDING TO AGE:

Rice cereal: 6months spoon full
Wheat cereal: 6 half months to 7 months
Mix Fruit or Three Cereal mixture: From 8 months.

Brand Recommendation:

For rusks:Farley's are the best
For Cereals: Nestle/ Cow and gate/ Gerber
Ready made puree: Heinz and Cow and gate best


* Home made puree is best for baby's health , however to change taste, ready-made puree is another option and your bub! will love it as a finger food!

As you notice, the baby hits 8 months they exert extra energy,for this they will need extra proteins and fibres, fruit, vegetable and yoghurt are the best options for their nutrition. After hitting eight months you will notice them to make effort to crawl and stand by the end of this 8th month, You will feel the joy of Your hardwork from the first glance to his firt effort to stand! Hang in their, By this time start planing What you want to do for their first birth! Look up for DIY themes! clothes and DIY projects to make the day special!
For this purposes I will keep on doing these FTM blogs this month. Next blog will be DIY planing their First Birthday! keep your self updated with the blog. I hope this quick overview of what you went through/ what are you going through or what will you go through help you in Some way!

Patience,
Believing in your self,
And Your efforts
Will make your FTM journey Beautiful

Important Notes:
  • Hit Emergency when you feel something is wrong, mom's instincts are the best.
  • Do as your Pead instructs you!
  • Keep on monitoring their weight.
  • Get all their Vaccination done on time.
  • Polio drops should be given to every baby consider This as their RIGHT!

This is it for this Thursday Blog, do comment below, for suggestions/queries. I would love your feedback! Till then Happy Mommyhood ahead!

Also please follow me on:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/World-Around-Ramsha-1612597525626706/

No comments:

Post a Comment